Leaders of Foxconn Technology Group and the University of Wisconsin-Madison are planning to make what they call a "major announcement" on campus Monday. U.S. News and World Report Aug. 27, 2018, at 9:21 a.m.
Wonder what it is?
- Wisconsin taxpayers cough up between $3 billion and $4 billion ?
- Wisconsin localities use eminent domain to take people's property and make way for FOXCONN ?
- Maybe FOXCONN gets all the water it wants from Lake Michigan ?
- FOXCONN gets exempted from all state environmental rules and regulations ?
- Wisconsin Transportation Funds are diverted from statewide infrastructure to support FOXCONN needs ?
- Wisconsin gets 13,000 jobs -- maybe in five years ? What kind of jobs ?
- Walker gets political cover for keeping Wisconsin at the end of the line when it comes to recovery -- compare to Minnesota or Illinois ?
Foxconn CEO Terry Gou, left, and UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank after signing a Declaration of Collaboration agreement Monday Aug. 27, 2018 at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery on the UW-Madison campus. Foxconn Technology Group announced Monday, that it will invest $100 million in engineering and innovation research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, making it one of the largest gifts in the school's history that comes as the Taiwan-based electronics giant builds a factory in southeastern Wisconsin that would be the company's first of its kind in North America. (Steve Apps/Wisconsin State Journal via AP) The Associated Press
See photo in link and story
Proof of Point --
Wisconsin DOT report shows total transportation funding has fallen under Scott Walker -- Katelyn Ferral Cap Times 8/28/18
Foxconn, UW-Madison Leaders to Make Announcement -> UW gets $100 Million as the state gives up $3 Billion ? WI 1848 Forward